UC Berkeley Campus Visit
While earning your online MPH, you are required to travel to UC Berkeley for two working visits, usually occurring during the month of June. During your first year, you will receive intensive on-campus instruction as part of your Health Policy and Management core course. Your second year instruction will cover part of the Interdisciplinary Seminar.
In addition to formal lectures, on-campus visits allow for in-person interaction with some of the best instructors Berkeley has to offer and a chance to connect with classmates and faculty who you’ve been working with online throughout the year. Through various working sessions, you’ll learn practical skills, such as negotiations and innovation, as well as build your professional network, share your professional experience and best discuss best practices in public health.
Plan Your Campus Visit
Although your time on campus will be busy, if you have time or are able to extend your stay, consider taking advantage of the resources available to you. Most of these services are also available online all year around.
- Career counseling: Schedule an in-person career counseling appointment, Monday–Friday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Email Ruthann Haffke, career services manager, and check out the career services page.
- Meet your faculty: Reach out to your professors to set up a time to check-in and chat while you’re on campus.
- Sheldon Margen Public Health Library: Check out the extensive print and electronic collection that covers all areas of public health, including international health. Need help with research? Get assistance from a reference librarian during designated hours.
UC Berkeley Online MPH Class Visit, Summer 2014
Nested in the foothills of Berkeley, the magnificent, wooded, 178-acre campus of UC Berkeley welcomes thousands of visitors each year.
- Visitor services: Reserve a free walking tour of campus, find out about events on campus during your visit, and more.
- Self-guided tours: Can’t make a formal tour? Have a look at these suggestions to create your own.
- Attend a Berkeley Event: There are always intellectual, cultural, athletic, and artistic events happening on and near the Berkeley campus.
- The Campanile (Sather Tower): Don’t forget to visit UC Berkeley’s most famous landmark. The observation deck provides visitors with a spectacular view of the Berkeley campus and San Francisco across the bay.
For more information please email us.