UC Berkeley’s Career Services Office supports On-Campus/Online Master of Public Health students and alumni to achieve and pursue their professional goals. We bring together employers, students and alumni to create a diverse and inspired network of public health practitioners and researchers, equipped to address the challenges of the 21st century and beyond.
Student Resources and Tools
Career Counseling and Mentoring
Get personalized advice on your job search and insight into open public health positions by making a career counseling appointment. Sessions take place via phone, Skype or in-person.
- Discuss career decisions, job search strategies and evaluate job offers
- Résumé and cover letter critique
- Practice with mock interviews
- Take advantage of online resources
Request career counseling Monday–Friday, 10 am to 5 pm (PST) by emailing Ruthann Haffke or calling (510) 642-0431.
Jobs and Internships
Search for full-time or part-time jobs, fellowships, internships, graduate student instructor or research (GSI/GSR) positions, and volunteer opportunities using the School of Public Health Jobsite.
- Browse employer profiles, find employers that are actively recruiting School of Public Health students and alumni
- Take personality assessments to evaluate your interests, innate skills and values to make more informed career decisions
The Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership also coordinates a comprehensive summer internship process for all two-year Master of Public Health students. Learn more about the summer internship process.
Workshops and Special Events
Workshops to plan your career path combined with additional special events gives you face-to-face time with prospective employers and other public health professionals. You are invited to attend both on-campus and virtual events.
- San Francisco Bay Area: Master’s and Ph.D. Career Fair, guest lectures, conferences, Career Café
- Online: Webinar trainings for public health practitioners and online employer information sessions. Events are listed on a calendar on the School of Public Health Jobsite and sent in weekly emails.
Alumni Resources and Tools
- Access job postings and attend career programs through the School of Public Health Jobsite.
- Participate in education and training through the Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership.
- Join the UC Berkeley School of Public Health Alumni LinkedIn Group.
- Take part in Public Health Alumni Association events for networking and professional development.