How to Apply in 7 Easy Steps
Congratulations on taking the first step toward a UC Berkeley Master of Public Health! Be sure to confirm application deadlines and review these guidelines to prepare your online application.
- Get Set Up – Create a username and password to begin your application. Read the instructions carefully for each section and don’t forget to save as you go!
- Transcripts – Upload unofficial electronic transcripts for all college-level coursework as a single PDF.
- Letters of Recommendation – Submit a minimum of three, with at least one focusing on your academic potential and one on your professional potential.
- Resume and Employment Information – Upload your resume AND documentation/verification of at least two years post-baccalaureate work experience, including job titles and dates.
- Essays – Submit a Statement of Purpose describing your career goals and aspirations, as well as a Personal History Statement portraying your unique life experiences and your personal connection to public health.
- GRE and Test Scores – Submit GRE scores. For exceptions (there are many!) and details, visit the Admissions Requirements page.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) – Submit your GPA. It is recommended you have at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent) in coursework completed after the first two years of undergraduate study and all graduate coursework.