Tuition and Financial Aid

Tuition for the On-Campus/Online Master’s in Public Health is $1,158 per unit, with a minimum of 42 units required to graduate. The total cost of the program is approximately $49,000, including campus fees.

Campus fees apply to both U.S. citizens and international students.

  • Document fee (first semester only): $89
  • Berkeley Campus fee (each semester): $693.75

Additional Program Costs

You are responsible for additional costs including books, visas and travel expenses related to the program’s required on-campus visits. You are also required to own or have access to a personal computer. You may request a loan from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) to cover the computer cost.

Financial Aid

Federal or private student loans are available. Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and noting UC Berkeley’s federal school code, 001312.

Financial Aid Tips

  • File the FAFSA even if you are not sure you will need or want any aid from the FAO. You can decide later whether to accept aid for which you are eligible.
  • Graduate students are considered independent; parent information should not be included on your FAFSA.
  • Submit your FAFSA by the priority deadline to ensure timely processing and the best financial aid package, including work-study, Perkins and Parent Grants.
  • Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents may apply for funds administered by the FAO.

Financial Aid decisions: In late April or May, the FAO will notify you about your award including information on disbursement of awards, how to make changes or appeals, and other options. You may also be asked to submit additional documents.

Questions? Consult the Graduate Award Guide on the Financial Aid website or submit your inquiry online.

Fellowships, Awards and Additional Resources

  • Veterans Benefits: Determine your eligibility and award amount via the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs website or by contacting the VA at (888) 442-4551. Then, learn how to initiate your benefits at UC Berkeley by visiting the veteran student services page.

For more information please email us.