- Two-year online program, one campus visit each year
- Interdisciplinary program designed for working professionals
- Hone your learning with the Health Policy and Management Concentration
The need for public health professionals has never been greater
The World Health Organization reports an estimated shortage of 7.2 million workers in this essential field, with that number expected to grow to 12.5 million by 2035. It is estimated that California alone will account for nearly 250,000 of that scarcity.
Learn more about how UC Berkeley’s On-Campus/Online Master of Public Health can prepare you for rapid career growth while making an enormous difference in your community. The online format lets you take advantage of Berkeley quality while you continue working. Study alongside professionals who share your drive to make global health a part of everyday conversation. And with 98% of our students graduating, you have access to a wealth of networking opportunities and career guidance.
Global shortage of public health professionals:
The passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) more than five years ago shook up the U.S. healthcare system as we know it:… continue reading Why You Need to Understand Health Policy
- The passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) more than five years ago shook up the U.S. healthcare system as we know it: making coverage more affordable prohibiting denial of coverage for those with pre-existing conditions outlawing rescinding coverage for sick patients and more As we explored in our OOMPH ACA blog post, despite myriad challenges… ... continue reading Why You Need to Understand Health Policy
- Graduate Bryanna Samborski Making Specialty Healthcare a Reality for Underserved Due to the ongoing efforts by Redwood Community Health Coalition, nearly one out of every five residents in the Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Yolo Counties have access to patient-centered primary care through its health centers. Sixty percent of those patients have incomes below the Federal… ... continue reading Living the #healthcareforall Mindset
- The World Health Organization declared four global health emergencies during the past decade—two, Ebola and Zika, in just the past two years. The rise in disease outbreaks has public health officials across the world grappling with how to formulate more effective responses to such threats. With these issues top of mind among public health professionals, we… ... continue reading OOMPH Professor on the State of Global Health
- Five Questions With Graduate Jung Kim OOMPH 2015 graduate Jung Kim Jung Kim is no stranger to public health. Having earned his bachelor’s in public health, it only felt natural to Kim to continue his studies at the top university in the country. A Seattle native, Kim was drawn to OOMPH’s online nature, allowing him… ... continue reading Training Tomorrow’s Physicians